What is the media with text section?
The Media with text section allows customers to watch video content or view an image alongside some optional text and a button. An image can be used on its own, or if combined with a video, it will show as a cover image until the video plays. The video will automatically autoplay and therefore audio will be muted.
Creating an eye catching media with text section can enhance customers' shopping experience and may increase conversion rates.
How to set up the media with text section
- Open the Theme Editor.
- Click Add section and add a Media with text section to the page.
- The Text width is automatically set at 50%, but this can be adjusted depending on the importance of the media or the quantity of text content that is required.
- Click Select image to choose an image from the store library.
- Click Select video to choose a video file (e.g. an MP4) hosted on your Shopify store.
- The Media position and Media size can be selected according to store requirements, along with a Color scheme.
If using a video, it is recommended to add an image. This will display in the place of the video while it is loading, or if it cannot autoplay. This could be due to reasons such as a user’s poor internet connection, limited browser support or slow page load times.