What is the footer section?
The Footer section is an important part of the store that can be used to communicate critical information such as contact details, legal information and site navigation links.
How to create a footer section
- Open the Theme Editor and scroll down to the Footer section.
- A maximum of four blocks can be added and upon install there are three already selected.
- Either edit an existing Footer block or select Remove block and add a different block type.
Although the Footer section is restricted to a maximum of four blocks, these blocks can be duplicated to account for slightly different content requirements. For example, two Text/Social blocks could be added with content and an image in one block followed by more concentrated text in the other.
How to add payment icons
In the Footer settings, the Show payment icons setting can be selected. These icons are pulled in directly from Shopify based on your payment settings.
These can be changed in the Shopify admin area, by going to Settings > Payments.
How to add social media links
To show social media links/icons, they must be set up first.
- To do this, go to Theme settings > Social media and insert the required URLs. A Custom link with an additional icon is also available.
- Then go to the Text/Social or the Newsletter blocks and select Show social media links.
Can I add my own payment icons?
No. They are taken directly from the Payment settings in the Shopify admin area.
I've ticked the show social media icons in the Text/Social and Newsletter blocks, but none of them are showing?
These must be set up in Theme Settings > Social media before the theme will be able to display them in the Text/Social and Newsletter blocks.