What is the gallery section?
The Gallery section can display a combination of images and videos, with a small text overlay and an optional button. It is great for when you wish to use different media types to engage with customers, and provide quick tools to guide customers to specific areas of your store.
How to create a gallery section
- Open the Theme Editor and find the Gallery section
- In the Gallery settings, select the appropriate Maximum columns per row, row heights and Image/video heading text size for both desktop and mobile.
- Also in the Gallery settings, Enable mobile slideshow can be selected. This will show the gallery section in a carousel, as opposed to the grid view which is the default on desktop.
- Either click Add Image or click on an existing gallery block.
- Either an Image, video upload or External video can be selected. If a video is selected, also select an image as this will act as a cover image and display if the video cannot load.
An Enlarge image/video setting is available in each block and can be used to create greater emphasis on specific images or videos within the gallery section. For example, if you are using the gallery to promote a group of collections, this method of enlarging just a few images can create an interesting and eye catching visual experience for customers.