What is the text columns with media section?
The Text columns with media section allows customers to view images, videos or a combination of both alongside some text and an optional button.
It can be useful in showcasing different information succinctly, whilst also using different media types to catch potential customers' attention.
How to set up the text columns with media section
- Open the Theme Editor.
- Click Add section and add a Text columns with media section to the page.
- In the Column settings, add Text, a Heading or a Button. The Text alignment is set in the main Text columns with media settings.
- In the Column settings, tick Enable media if an image or video is required.
- To choose an image, Select image to add an image from the store library.
- To choose a video, click Video Upload to select a video file (e.g. an MP4) hosted on your Shopify store and it will automatically play silently, on loop.
- In the main Text columns with media settings, there are six different media shapes that can be selected.
If using a video, it is recommended to add an image as well. The image will display in the place of the video while it is loading, or if it cannot autoplay. This could be due to reasons such as a user’s poor internet connection, limited browser support or slow page load times.