What is the pop-up section?
The Pop-up section is particularly useful in delivering messages to customers at specific times. It is an extremely versatile section that can be used in many ways to encourage customers to make a purchase on your store.
How to set up a pop up section
- Open the Theme Editor.
- In the Template group, click Add section and select Pop-up. In the Overlay group, the Pop-up is already present upon install.
- Under Pop-up use the Trigger settings to choose the action which triggers the popup to show as well as the delay.
- The Layout, Background image (optional) and Style settings can be used to customize the general appearance of the pop-up, including screen position, text alignment, background color and image tint opacity.
- By default, the Pop-up comes pre-loaded with a Heading, Text and Email sign-up block, but up to 9 blocks can be added in total. Choose from any combination of Heading, Subheading, Text, Image, Button, Email sign-up, Social links and a Countdown timer. Note that up to a maximum of two Text blocks can be added to each Pop-up.
- Most of the blocks come with their own settings and inputs to further customize their appearance or enhance functionality. Click on the relevant block to edit as needed.
- Click Save when the section set up is complete.
How can I adjust the size of a pop-up?
The height of the Pop-up section will scale to accommodate the number of blocks added, and the amount of content in each block, but not beyond the device screen height. Instead, if the content would cause the pop-up to extend beyond the screen height, the content will scroll within the maximum pop-up height. For optimal user experience, the width of pop-ups have been pre-determined.
Why can I not set an image block to appear on the left or right of the pop-up on mobile?
There are settings to independently control the position of the Image block on large screens and mobile devices. On large screens, the image block can be positioned on the left, right or top of the pop-up. On mobile devices, where screen real-estate is at a premium and to preserve a viable reading width for text content, the image block can only be positioned to the top of the pop-up, or hidden completely if a more streamlined appearance is required.