What is the contact form section?
The Contact form is a useful section that enables customers to input their details and send a message directly to the merchant. Several blocks can be customised to capture the most appropriate information, enabling merchants to respond to customer queries efficiently.
How to set up a contact form
- Open the Theme Editor and add the Contact form section.
- Select Add block or choose an existing block.
- Add as many blocks as needed to build the desired form - and choose which ones should be Required within each block's settings.
- The Email input block is required for the contact form to work.
- Note, in the Custom input block, there are four options to choose from.
You can display each block as half-width by ticking the Half width setting. This will automatically be full width on mobile.
Can I add a checkbox?
This is not currently possible. An alternative may be adding a dropdown box and having the options listed as Yes and No.
Where do I see the emails?
Emails will go to your email address as added in the Shopify admin area, in Settings > Notifications > Sender email.
Can I change the subject line?
You can't change the subject line for emails sent through a contact form on a Shopify store.