What is the announcement bar?
The Announcement bar is a small section anchored to the store's top. It can be used to promote latest offers, provide links to specific areas, or communicate short messages to customers. To ensure that it displays correctly, the Announcement bar should always be the first section in the Header group.
How to set up the announcement bar
- Open the Theme Editor and find the Announcement bar section in the Header group.
- Multiple short announcement messages can be added. Click Add announcement and use Shopify's rich text editor to format and style the content.
- A Countdown timer can also be added. Click Show countdown timer and insert the required date and time settings. Be sure to use the correct formatting.
- In the Announcement bar settings, set the Bar and Text color, and choose the Announcement font size.
- In the Links settings, choose to Show social media links. Your social accounts must be set up first in Theme settings > Social media.
- Add a short Menu. This can be helpful to point customers to help, support, delivery or refund policies. In the mobile menu, these will be shown at the bottom of the menu.
- The Country/Region selector and Language selector can also be set. For the correct information to be shown here, the Languages and Markets must be set up in the Shopify admin area.