What is the footer section?
The Footer section is an important part of the store that can be used to communicate information such as contact details, legal information and site navigation links.
How to create a footer section
- Open the Theme Editor and click on the Footer section.
- A maximum of four blocks can be added to create a combination of Menu or Text columns.
- In the Footer settings, choose a Small menu to show. This horizontal line of links is useful for terms pages about your shipping or refund policies.
- Choose to Show payment icons. These icons are pulled in directly from Shopify based on your payment settings. These can be changed in the Shopify admin area, by going to Settings > Payments. It's not possible to add a custom payment icon (e.g. AfterPay) without hiring a developer to do this.
- The COUNTRY/REGION SELECTOR and LANGUAGE SELECTOR can also be set. For the correct information to be shown here, the Languages and Markets must be set up in the Shopify admin area.
- Finally, choose to Show newsletter signup.
Although the Footer section is restricted to a maximum of four blocks, these blocks can be duplicated to account for slightly different content requirements. For example, two Text column and Menu column blocks could be added.
Can I add my own payment icons?
No. They are taken directly from the Payment settings in the Shopify admin area.