Masonry's unique sidebar navigation design makes the Header visually different to most Shopify stores.
What is the header section?
Masonry's unique sidebar navigation design makes the Header visually different to most Shopify stores. All the elements of a traditional header are available and, together with its unique design, create a strong and memorable brand experience.
How to set up the header
- Open the Theme Editor, and open the Header section.
- Add a Logo. There is an option to Add margin to logo if required.
- In the NAVIGATION settings, select the Main menu and choose either the Inside or Flyout Child navigation style.
- Choose between a couple of layout options. Show shadow adds a shadow between the left-hand navigation bar and the main body of the store. Show dividers between links will help separate the navigation and can aid legibility.
- A Featured link can be created. This will show any of the top-level menu items in the Featured link color. To have multiple navigation links appear in this color, separate each link text with a comma.
- In the HEADER settings, the enable Show full-width setting will position the header bar above the navigation left-hand sidebar, giving an alternate layout option.
- The COUNTRY/REGION SELECTOR and LANGUAGE SELECTOR can also be set. For the correct information to be shown here, the Languages and Markets must be set up in the Shopify admin area.
- Choose the Text and Link for your store announcement in the ANNOUNCEMENT settings.
- In Header, click Add promotional link to add a button-style link, useful to promote sales, collections, or announcements. This will show in the left-hand sidebar underneath the navigation links.
- Search settings can be found in Theme settings > SEARCH.