What is the footer section?
The Footer section is an important part of the store that can be used to communicate information such as contact details, legal information and site navigation links.
How to create a footer section
- Open the Theme Editor and scroll down to the Footer section.
- A maximum of four blocks can be added. Choose between Menu links or Text area. Share store details, promotions, or brand content with your customers.
Example showing two Menu blocks and one Text area from the Alchemy modern demo:
- Click Footer to enable the Show newsletter sign-up to show a permanent sign-up section above your footer.
- Switch on Show social icons and Payment methods. Your social accounts need to be set up in Theme settings > Social media.
- The COUNTRY/REGION SELECTOR and LANGUAGE SELECTOR can also be set. For the correct information to be shown here, the Languages and Markets must be set up in the Shopify admin area.
Although the Footer section is restricted to a maximum of four blocks, these blocks can be duplicated and reordered to account for slightly different content requirements. For example, two Text area and two Menu blocks could be added.
How to add payment icons
In the Footer settings, the Show payment icons setting can be selected. These icons are pulled in directly from Shopify based on your payment settings.
These can be changed in the Shopify admin area, by going to Settings > Payments.
How to add social links
To show social media links, they must be set up first.
- Open Theme settings and go to the SOCIAL MEDIA settings.
- Insert the required URLs. A Custom link with an additional footer icon is also available.
- Go to the Footer settings and tick Show social icons.
Can I add my own payment icons?
No. They are taken directly from the Payment settings in the Shopify admin area.
I've ticked the show social media links in the Footer settings, but none of them are showing?
Before the theme can display these must be set up in Theme Settings > SOCIAL MEDIA.