What is the footer section?
The Footer section is an important part of the store that can be used to communicate information such as contact details, legal information and site navigation links.
How to create a footer section
- Open the Theme Editor and see that the Footer section is already present.
- A maximum of four blocks can be added and upon install there are three already selected.
- Either edit an existingFooter block or select Remove block and add a different block type.
Although the Footer section is restricted to a maximum of four blocks, these blocks can be duplicated to account for slightly different content requirements. For example, two Text and social media blocks could be added with content and an image in one block followed by more concentrated text in the other.
How to add payment icons
In the Footer settings, the Show payment icons setting can be selected. These icons are pulled in directly from Shopify based on your payment settings.
These can be changed in the Shopify admin area, by going to Settings > Payments.
How to add a Lower footer menu
- Open the Theme Editor and go to the Footer section.
- In the main Footer settings, go to the Lower footer menu.
- Either click select a menu or create menu. Refer to Shopify's article on Menu's and links for further guidance.
How to add social links
To show social media links, they must be set up first.
- Open Theme settings and go to the SOCIAL MEDIA settings.
- Insert the required URLs. A Custom link with an additional footer icon is also available.
- Go to the Text and social media block and tick Show social media links.
Can I add my own payment icons?
No. They are taken directly from the Payment settings in the Shopify admin area.
I've ticked the show social media links in the Text and social media block, but none of them are showing?
These must be set up in Theme Settings > SOCIAL MEDIA before the theme will be able to display them in the Text and social media block.