What is the footer section?
The Footer section is an important part of the store that can be used to communicate information such as contact details, legal information and site navigation links.
How to create a footer section
- Open the Theme Editor and scroll to the Footer section.
- A maximum of four blocks can be added and upon install there are three already selected.
- Either edit an existing Footer block or select Remove block and add a different block type.
Although the Footer section is restricted to a maximum of four blocks, these blocks can be duplicated to account for slightly different content requirements. For example, two Image, text and socials blocks could be added with content and a logo in one block followed by more concentrated text in the other.
How to add payment icons
In the Footer settings, the Show payment icons setting can be selected. These icons are pulled in directly from Shopify based on your payment settings.
These can be changed in the Shopify admin area, by going to Settings > Payments.
How to setup the country/region and language selector
Enable the country/region selector and language selector checkbox in the footer settings. Please refer to the Languages & currencies guide here for help on how to set these up.
How to add social links
To show social media links/icons, they must be set up first.
- To do this, go to Theme settings > Social media and insert the required URLs. A Custom link with an additional icon is also available.
- Then go to the Social links block in the footer and edit your desired Heading.
How to add sections above the footer
You can add sections above the Footer, which appear on every page of the store, which are not actually part of the Footer itself.
For example the orange flash sale Scrolling banner section below.
- To do this, open the Theme Editor, and find the Footer group.
- Click Add section and choose the section you want to add.
Can I add my own payment icons?
No. They are taken directly from the Payment settings in the Shopify admin area.
My social media icons are not showing?
These must be set up in Theme Settings > Social media before the theme will be able to display them in the Social links block.