What are subcollections?
Symmetry provides you with a menu-driven subcollections feature that helps your customers find what they are looking for in a more organized and efficient manner. By dividing a main collection into smaller, more focused subcollections, e-commerce sites can better showcase their products and make it easier for customers to navigate and discover new items.
Gallery sub-collections style
Buttons sub-collection style
How to set up subcollections
- From the Shopify admin area, go to Online store > Themes > Customize.
- Select Collection from the dropdown at the top and select Default collection.
- Click on the Collection pages text and scroll down to the SUBCOLLECTIONS section.
- Select Enable subcollections.
- Choose a Subcollections menu. This can be the Main menu for the store or a different menu containing links to collections. To create a new menu, go to the Shopify admin area and choose Online Store > Navigation.
- Select the Subcollections style to be buttons or a gallery. The gallery style includes additional settings to configure the image layout.
- Save your changes.