What is the header section?
As the first thing a customer sees on your Shopify store, the header is crucial in creating a strong and memorable brand experience.
Symmetry's header will make an impact with its sleek, modern design and intuitive navigation system. It has many layout options, alongside a beautifully designed cart, account and search icons.
How to set up the header section
- Open the Theme Editor, and in the Header Group open the Header section.
- Add your Logo settings, and set your desired Logo width on desktop and mobile.
- There is the option to Enable sticky header. This setting determines whether the header anchors to the top of the browser.
- For a striking homepage, Enable transparent header. Ensure a full-width image section is at the top, like a slideshow
- Upload a Contrasting logo to stand out against your page's background when the header becomes transparent. Make sure to match your main logo size. This will ensure that when scrolling down the page (with Enable sticky header switched on) the logo will swap seamlessly to your main logo.
- To set up your navigation, please refer to our mega menu guide.
- Choose to Enable search. For a richer experience, choose a menu to show as recommendations. These recommendations show when the search is opened and can encourage customers to navigate to these collections in your store.
- In the Icons settings, choose to Show icons on cart and search, on all links, or only icons no text. Choose between 3 different Cart icons.
How do I set up my navigation and mega menu?
Refer to our Mega menu guide which covers this in more detail.