Under theme settings > animations, you will find some settings. You can now have a stylish loading screen. To know how to set it up you watch our guide below. Please keep in mind this only works in version 4.1.0 and is not in any earlier versions of the theme. Be sure to check out the theme changelog to see other features.
The Showcase theme supports product labels on the home and collection pages.
There is only space for one to show at a time, so there is a priority in which these are shown.
- Sold out – shows when Shopify manages the inventory and customers cannot purchase out of stock items
- Sale – shows if a product’s compare at price is set higher than its actual price.
- X left in stock – only for items with a single variant
- New In – shown for new products.
The theme can determine if a product is ‘New In’ in one of three ways:
- Collection – will show when a product is in a collection with ‘new’ in the handle.
- Tag – add the tag ‘New’ to the product.
- Date – choose the number of days ago that the product was created.
To enable it, head into theme settings > products. This now displays a Quick Buy button when you hover over product images on the homepage and collection page. It opens up a product page like pop up which will allow customers to buy directly without ever going to the full product page.
Product Video Display
To enable this go to theme settings > products. For information on how this works, watch our video guide linked below.
The Showcase theme is available in 4 styles – Beard, Betty, Luna and Native. These demo stores aim to illustrate the variety of looks possible with the theme. Choose your theme style in the Theme Settings tab. The style settings will affect cross store elements such as your fonts, cart behaviour and social media icons.
Your section specific settings won’t be affected. More information about theme styles can be found in this Shopify article.
Add links to your social media pages under Theme Settings > Social Media. If you wish to link to a social network that isn’t listed, then you can add your own icon using the custom link option. Links can be shown in the footer in a text block. To add your links, simply choose a text block and select ‘Show social media links’