Author: Mitch C
All of our themes include a 'Collection listing' page, which displays all of your store's collections in a single view at the address www.example.myshopify.com/collections/ on your store. In addition, we include a 'collection-listing' template which you can use to create additional collection listing pages showing a subset of your collections.
If you have our theme published, head over to pages section, click create a page, and in the template area, you should see the option for collection-listing. Then, you'll need to create a menu listing out the collections you wish to show. Please see our step by step guide or video below.
On this page
Step by step guide
Step 1: Creating the page
- Make sure you have our theme published for this part otherwise you won't be able to select the template. You can unpublish it again after this step.
- Head into the Admin and select Pages > Add page. You can name the page whatever you like and insert a page description if you desire. Make a note of the page name or "handle".
- On the right lower side you will see an option for templates, click this and select the list-collections template.
- Once you have done that you can click save and we will move onto the next part, creating the list of collections.
Step 2: Setting up the navigation
- Click Online Store > Navigation > Add menu
- Set the title of the menu to have exactly the same name (handle) as the page you have just created.
- Select the collections you wish to display. Once you have added all the collections you want to show, click Save menu.
- Now you have successfully created the menu listing your collections and linked it to a matching page you can add a link to the page in your navigation or wherever you wish to display it in your Shopify store.
Step 3: Choosing the layout for your custom collection listing pages (not all themes)
- Open the Theme Editor and navigate to your new collection listing page
- Open the settings for your new page and you may find settings to control the layout for your custom collection listing pages. For example, number of collections per row etc.