What are image tints?
Adding a tint to your images can improve the legibility of any text that is displayed on top of the image, especially when the image has colors that are similar to the text. Image tints are available in most sections that contain images.
For example, in the Slideshow section, you can select from six options:
- None – no image tint.
- Standard – covers the entire image.
- Vignette – A darker blur at the periphery of your image. It can be an intentional effect to highlight the center of the image.
- Text Shadow — includes the tint only behind the text. Useful to enhance your text if your background is light in color.
- Bottom — covers only the bottom part of the image.
- Top — covers only the top part of the image.
How to set up image tints
- From the Admin, go to Online store > Themes > Customize and select Theme settings > Colors > Image tints, and set the value for your Text and Background color.
- Choose your Opacity. This determines the strength of the image tint.
- Press save.