What is the header section?
The Header is a critical section that gives a snapshot of the entire store. It contains your store logo, the main navigation menu, the search bar and other elements, shopping cart and account icons, and language and currency settings.
Canopy has a few layout options, and an advanced search function with categories, all of which help set the tone for a solid first impression of your store.
How to set up the header section
- Open the Theme Editor and find the Header section.
- In the LAYOUT settings, there is the option to Enable sticky header. This setting determines how much of the header customers can see as they scroll through the store.
Turning the Enable sticky header on: When customers scroll down the page, the navigation stays until the first section is scrolled past. If the customer continues to scroll, the search, logo and icons are permanently anchored to the top of the page.
Turning the Enable sticky header setting off: The header section will disappear as the customer scrolls past it.
- In the LOGO settings, set the width of the Desktop and Mobile logo, the Logo location and Logo alignment.
- In the SEARCH settings, there is the option to Enlarge search box on desktop, and enable the Product type dropdown.
- In the NAVIGATION settings, a Featured link can be created. This will show any of your top level menu items in the Accent color, which can be set in Theme settings > Colors.
- Choose between a Basket or Shopping cart cart icon, in TOOLBAR OPTIONS.