All of our themes include a ‘Collection listing’ page, which displays all of your store’s collections in a single view, at the address www.example.myshopify.com/collections/. In addition, we include a ‘collection-listing’ template which you can use to create additional collection listing pages showing a subset of your collections.
If you have our theme published, head over to Admin > Online store > Pages > Click ‘Add page’ and, under the page template dropdown, you should see the option for ‘collection-listing’. Then using this page, you need to create a menu listing the collections you wish to show.
Please see our step-by-step guide or video below.
Summary of steps from our video guide
Step A: Creating the template
- We first need to create a new page template by heading to Admin > Online store > Customise theme
- In the template picker at the top of the customisation window, select Pages > Create a template. Give it a descriptive name like “Groceries Coll List”
- You will now be taken to that template. Look on the left-hand side and you’ll see the options to add sections to this page. Add a ‘Collection list’ section to the page.
- Use the settings to pick the collections you want to show, and also disable any features you don’t want to use on this page – like a carousel layout, or ‘View all’ links.
- Once done, save this template. You are now ready to assign it to a page.
Step B: Creating your page and assigning your template
- Make sure you have your theme published for this part, otherwise you won’t be able to select the template.
- Head to Admin > Online store > Pages > Add page. You can name the page whatever you like and insert a page description if you desire. (The theme editor area settings allows you to hide the title and description, if you wish – just remember a clear main heading is important for ‘accessibility’ and SEO).
- On the right lower side you will see an option for ‘page template’, click this and select the new template you created in step 1.
- Once you have assigned this template, click save, and that’s it. You should now be able to view this page and see your collections displayed on it.