Be sure to navigate to the page you want to edit, by either going to that page in the theme editor or by selecting the page from the dropdown at the top. For instances, to edit the collection page, select Collections in the dropdown menu:
The cart page is the final page customers will see before checking out.
You can add sections to the cart page and also add a ‘Cart announcement’ which can be displayed ‘Under page title’ or ‘Under items’.
The Canopy theme includes 3 different collection heading layouts:
- Text over image: The featured image spans the page width and the title and description overlay it.
- Text next to image: The featured image is shown beside the title and description, sitting on a single colour background.
- No image: The featured image is not shown. Only the title and description.
- No heading: This will remove the header section altogether.
You can enable Breadcrumbs in Canopy, although these are limited to standard Shopify functionality, which just shows Home / Name of collection. You can choose to show Breadcrumbs above or below the heading.
Choose how many products to show per page or switch on infinite scroll.
Filters, sidebar settings and sorting
The theme has a choice of filter mode – either a Sidebar filter option or a simple filter dropdown. You can also disable the filter altogether.
If you enable sticky filters on the collection page, the horizontal filter bar will stick to the top of the page as users scroll down. Note, this will cause the navigation to no longer be sticky.
Check the Show ‘Sort by’ dropdown box if you wish to display the ‘sort by’ dropdown.
The ‘Show ‘Featured’ option in sort by dropdown’ is the ‘manual’ option if you have chosen to sort your collections manually in Admin → Products → Collections. There is no need to show the ‘featured’ sort order if you have not sorted your collection manually.
Collection list and custom collection list
Select a grid or row layout for your collections. A grid layout will display the featured collection images. A row layout will show the collection name and the first few products from each collection.
See Collection Page above for more on the heading layout options.
The theme supports 3D images and videos with video looping in addition to standard images. There is also an image zoom option for use on larger screen sizes.
Product options can be displayed as boxes or dropdown menus or a mix of both. With the box layout, unavailable options (where all variants with that option are unavailable) will be shown as crossed out.
The theme also includes the ability to add a link to a page with further information, such as, a size chart.
General page layout
The Canopy theme offers a number of different flexible article layout choices; full width, tiles in rows and tiles in columns. Navigate to your blog page in the Theme Editor to find these options and choose your preferred layout.
To create a contact page for your store: Add a new page in Admin > Pages and then select the template page.contact
How to create multiple unique pages (multiple story pages)
- Admin > Online store > Customise theme > Use the dropdown list at the top of the preview window to select “Pages” > “Create template” (this ensures your original page template remains unchanged whilst we work on a new one).
- Add a name of your choice, like “Story Page One”
- Choose “default page” as your “based on” option and click “create template”
- Your new template will be loaded in the editor preview window to work on. If you wish to work on a different page, click “change” next to “preview” in the top left hand corner of the screen.
- On the left hand side, next to “page”, click the eyeball icon to hide the page content.
- Add any sections you’d like to display. Save your changes. Here’s more information on how sections and content blocks work.
- Assign the template to an existing page by heading to Admin > Pages > Select your page > On the right lower side you will see an option for ‘theme template’, click this and select the new template you created previously. Make sure you have your theme published for this part, otherwise you won’t be able to select the template.
- Once you have assigned this template, click save, and that’s it. You should now be able to view this page and see your unique layout applied.
- To add this to a new page, simply go to Admin > Pages > Add page > On the right lower side you will see an option for ‘theme template’, click this and select the new template you created previously.
- To set this up additional pages, simply repeat the steps of creating new templates and assign them to existing or new pages as you see fit. Remember you have the option to choose “based on” for step three above, if you wish to use an existing template and only make a few changes when creating a new template.
- Once you have finished the above, go here to link your new page/s to your navigation menu if you wish: Admin > Online store > Navigation.
To remove a page template, firstly duplicate your theme for peace of mind, then head to: Admin > Online store > Actions > Edit code > Open the “Templates” folder > Look for your template name/s preceded by “story.” > Click “delete file”