All of our themes include a ‘Collection listing’ page, which displays all of your store’s collections in a single view at the address www.example.myshopify.com/collections/ on your store. In addition, we include a ‘collection-listing’ template which you can use to create additional collection listing pages showing a subset of your collections.
If you have our theme published, head over to the pages section, click create a page, and in the template area, you should see the option for collection-listing. Then, you’ll need to create a menu listing out the collections you wish to show. Please see our step-by-step guide or video below.
Step by step guide – OS 1.0
Step 1: Creating the page
- Make sure you have our theme published for this part otherwise you won’t be able to select the template. You can unpublish it again after this step.
- Head into the Admin and select Pages > Add page. You can name the page whatever you like and insert a page description if you desire. Make a note of the page name or “handle”.
- On the right lower side you will see an option for templates, click this and select the list-collections template.
- Once you have done that you can click save and we will move onto the next part, creating the list of collections.
Step 2: Setting up the navigation
- Click Online Store > Navigation > Add menu
- Set the title of the menu to have exactly the same name (handle) as the page you have just created.
- Select the collections you wish to display. Once you have added all the collections you want to show, click Save menu.
- Now you have successfully created the menu listing your collections and linked it to a matching page you can add a link to the page in your navigation or wherever you wish to display it in your Shopify store.
Step 3: Choosing the layout for your custom collection listing pages (not all themes)
- Open the Theme Editor and navigate to your new collection listing page
- Open the settings for your new page and you may find settings to control the layout for your custom collection listing pages. For example, the number of collections per row etc.
Step by step guide – OS 2.0
Step 1: Creating the template
- We need to create a new page template for this page, so head into the Theme Customizer.
- In the template picker at the top of the customizer, select Pages > Create template. Give it a descriptive name like “Groceries Coll List”
- You will be taken to that template. Look on the left hand side and you’ll see the options to add sections to this page. Add a ‘Collection list’ section to the page.
- Use the settings to pick the collections you want to show, and also disable any features you don’t want to use on this page – like a carousel layout, or ‘View all’ links.
- Once done, save this template. You are now ready to assign it to a page.
Step 2: Creating the page
- Make sure you have our theme published for this part, otherwise you won’t be able to select the template.
- Head into the Admin and select Pages > Add page. You can name the page whatever you like and insert a page description if you desire. (The theme customizer allows you to hide the title and description, if you wish to, just remember a clear main heading is important for accessibility and SEO.)
- On the right lower side you will see an option for templates, click this and select the new template you created in step 1.
- Once you have done that you can click save, and that’s it. You should now be able to go to this page and see collections on it.