Add a logo and set its maximum width in pixels, using the adjustment slider included:
Enable a sticky header that stays attached to the top of the browser window, when scrolling down through the page.
Add an announcement bar at the top of your Boost Shopify theme site. Here are some ideas you can use:
- Announce a seasonal sale for a limited time only!
- Mention the brand new discount code you have activated today!
- Encourage people to read your latest blog post by linking directly to it.
- State that all items have free shipping.
The Boost theme supports both a standard 3 tier drop-down navigation and a full-width mega menu.
The theme switches the menu into a full-width mega menu when every link inside a dropdown also has a dropdown.
To make mega dropdowns, like the one in this demo store, you need to create ‘nested’ Navigation as follows. Under the menu item, you’d like the mega menu to drop down from, add as many title links as you like. Each of these title links must then have its own items nested inside for the dropdown menu to turn into a mega dropdown menu:
This article explains more about creating a mega menu.
Add other menus in your store following the usual Shopify method explained here.
Menu promotion images
Menu promotion images display in your navigation area of your site. You can see an example of this in the below example:
Steps to create your menu image promotion
- Online store
- Customise theme
- Header (click the little arrow icon to expand this)
- Click ‘Add menu promotion’
- Add the name of an existing top level drop down link where you would like your image to appear underneath. Your image will not show if you add the name of a second or third level link. Remember to use the exact same spelling and match uppercase / lowercase too. Example: ‘Shop’ versus ‘SHOP’ or ‘shop’.
- Add text in to the ‘text’ field if you wish and this will show below your image.
- Enter a link if you would like the image to take users to a specific location when clicked.
- Save changes
The primary menu can show menus up to two levels deep. Sub-menus will be shown in columns under the top-level link. The secondary menu does not support sub-menus. Links will be shown as a single line next to the payment icons.
Payment icons are pulled directly from Shopify based on your payment settings. If you are looking to remove/add payment icons that are not on the list, the theme allows you to add 1 payment icon and link. In order to add additional the theme’s code would need to be customized by a developer.
How to remove the “Powered by Shopify” text
Footer text such as “Powered by Shopify” and “Theme by Clean Canvas” can be edited or removed using the Language Editor.
Steps to remove the ‘Powered by Shopify” footer link:
- Online store
- Actions > Edit languages
- In the search bar, type “powered” or another term if you are searching for something else.
- You should see results where you can then either edit the existing text, or remove it by pressing the space bar which will add in a blank space instead.
- Save changes